a) Nationals (Passport holders) of the following countries do not require visas to enter Kenya:
b) The Following Persons do not require a Visa to Enter Kenya:
- All persons whose passports are endorsed with valid Kenya re-entry passes or any other written authority in lieu of a re-entry pass.
- All passengers arriving and leaving by the same ship, and who do not leave the ship.
- All passengers in transit through Kenya arriving and leaving by the same aircraft or transferring to another aircraft and who do not leave the international transit lounges at the International Airports in Kenya.
- Holders of United Nations Organization Laissez-Passers whilst on official UN Business.
- Holders of African Union Laissez-Passers whilst on official A.U. business.
- Holders of African Development Bank Laissez-Passers, whilst on official A.D.B. business
- Holders of Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa Laissez-Passers, whilst on official ABEDA business.
- Holders of International Red Locust Control Organization for Central and Southern Africa Laissez-Passers, whilst on official I.R.L.C.O. business.
- Holders of Desert Locust Control Organization Laissez-Passers, whilst on official D.L.C.O. business.
- Holders of COMESA Laissez-Passers, whilst on official COMESA business. xi. Holders of International Monetary Fund and World Bank Laissez – Passers whilst on official IMF/World Bank Business.
- Holders of Inter-Governmental Authority on Development (IGAD) Laissez- Passers whilst on official IGAD business.
- Holders of African Airlines Travel Association (IATA) Laissez- Passers whilst on official business.
- Holders of Environment Liaison Centre International (ELCI) Laissez-Passers whilst on official ELCI business.
- Holders of Union of Radio, Television Network of Africa (URTNA) Laissez- Passers whilst on official URTNA business.
- Holders of International Labor Organization (ILO) Laissez – Passers whilst on official ILO business.
- Holders of Preferential Trade Area/Common Market of East & Southern African Bank Laissez – Passers whilst on official PTA/COMESA business.
- Holders of European Union Laissez – Passers whilst on official European Union business.
- Holders of CIP (International Potato Centre) Laissez – Passers whilst on official CIP business.
- Holders of African Reinsurance Corporation (ARC) Laissez – Passers whilst on official ARC business.
- Holders of Diplomatic and Service Passports from The Islamic Republic of Iran for a period not exceeding (30) Days stay.
- Holders of Diplomatic, Official, Special, and Service Passports, from The Republic of Turkey and members of their families holding valid Diplomatic, Official, Special, and Service Passports, while on Transit or Stay not exceeding ninety (90) days.
- Holders of Diplomatic, Official or Service Passports from the Federal Republic of Brazil for a period not exceeding ninety (90) days.
- Serving Members of the British Military (are exempted from visa formalities).
- The manifested crew of ships and aircraft passing through or stopping in Kenya for periods not exceeding seven (7) days in the case of air crew and fourteen (14) days for ship’s crew.
- Owners of private aircraft stopping over for refueling in Kenya and who do not leave the precincts of the airport.
c ) The following countries have concluded visa abolition agreement with Kenya:
- San Marino
Nationals of the following countries require a visa to enter Kenya
|Angola||Antigua and Bermuda||Argentina|
|Cape Verde||Central African Republic||Chad|
|Chile (Nationalist)||China (China P.R.)||Columbia|
|Comoros||Congo (Brazzaville)||Costa Rica|
|Cote de voire||Croatia||Cuba|
|Dominican Republic||DRC||East Timor|
|Honduras||Hong Kong (Holders of Hong Kong special administrative region)||Hungary|
|Morocco||Mozambique||Myanmar (Formerly Burma)|
|Palau Pacific Isles||Panama||Paraguay|
|Sao Tome and Principe||Saudi Arabia||Serbia|
|Spain||Sri Lanka||St. Christopher Cape|
These Nationals of countries below, classes and categories of persons require Referred Visas. The VISA applications are referred to the Director of Immigration services for processing and approval. (Please note that this service is not available through our online E-visa).
|Cameroon||Democratic People’s Republic of Korea||Eritrea|
- Applicants whom there is some local objections or doubt in the country where the application is made.
- Stateless persons or persons not holding valid passports or other travel documents issued by their own country of nationality including recognized refugee holders of the United Nations Refugee Travel Documents.
- Prohibited immigrants as enumerated in the Visa regulations.
It is strongly advised to hold off booking your travel until you have a valid Kenyan Visa – doing so is at your own risk.
Please note that the possession of a Kenyan Visa is not the final authority to enter Kenya. The immigration officer at the port of entry may deny entry if the visitor is unable to fulfill the immigration requirements and if the entry and presence of such a person in Kenya would be contrary to national interests, even if such a person is in possession of a valid visa for Kenya.
Referred Visa Requirements
- Request letter (cover letter)
- A valid original Travel Document/Certificate of Identity or Passport – (must be valid for at least six months at the time of entry to Kenya)
- Three (3) copies of bio-data page (information page with picture) of travel document or passport.
- Three (3) Completed (Filled in) Application Forms. Click here to download.
- Three (3) Passport size photos (NB: Computer generated pictures are not acceptable)
- Three (3) copies of signed Letter of Invitation from the host
- Three (3) colour copies of the host’s Identification as follows:
- Kenyan hosts :
- Three (3) colour copies of National Identity (I.D) Card or Bio-data Page of Kenya passport.
- For those being invited by their spouses, please attach three(3) copies of Marriage Certificate.
Non Kenyan hosts:
- Three (3) colour copies of Alien Certificate Card or Work Permit.
- Three(3) colour copies of Bio-data page of their Passport.
- Those being invited by their spouses attach three(3) copies of Marriage Certificate as well.
- RM 200.00 (non-refundable) for Visa Processing Fee, and RM 40.00 For Administrative Fee for Single Entry into Kenya.
- PLEASE NOTE:
- Submit the above requirements to Kenya High Commission, No.8 Jalan Taman U-Thant, 55000 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia