The Ministry of Health Malaysia has advised all those living in Malaysia to observe pertinent health advice in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Given the spread of the pandemic, the Ministry of Health Malaysia would like to kindly advice all foreign nationals in Malaysia to remain vigilant and adhere to the following general public health guidance as recommended by the Ministry:
- Maintain the routine of good personal hygiene such as regular hand washing with water and soap or use hand sanitizer;
- Continue practicing social distancing at least 1 meter away from others;
- Encourage the usage of face masks especially in public areas;
- Avoid any form of gathering; and
- Seek immediate treatment at the nearest health facility should you experience symptoms;
For those who are working, the Ministry of Health Malaysia would like to encourage the following recommendations to be practiced at all times:
- Examination of body temperature and symptoms before entering work premises;
- Ensure hand are frequently washed with water and soap or sanitized;
- Maintain a clean and hygienic workspace; and
- Practice social distancing of at least 1 meter away including work space and dining areas and avoid gathering in confined spaces at any given time.
Staff - Kenya High Commission