- The passport must be VALID for at least 6 months & Temporary passports are not acceptable.
- The Passports must have atleast two clean and full visa page for endorsements.
- Applicant must have a valid return ticket.
Required by all persons intending to enter Kenya for visits or residency. The current standard fee for an ordinary or Single Journey entry visa is USD 51.00.
Required by all persons intending to transit through Kenya to a third destination for periods not exceeding three(3) days.
Issued gratis to holder of a Diplomatic Passport on official visits to Kenya.
NOTE:Diplomats and government officials on private visits to Kenya and who are nationals of countries that require referred visas shall have their visa applications referred to the Director of Immigration Services, Nairobi, for approval in the usual manner.
Official, Service, (Multiple, Ordinary/Transit) Visas are issued gratis to holders of Official or Service passport on official visits/transit.
All persons who are nationals of countries which require visa for Kenya and who by nature of the business or circumstances require to make frequent visits to Kenya may be issued with Multiple Journey Visa for Kenya within six (6) or twelve (12) months as the case may be. Multiple Journey Visas processing, approval and issuance is done ONLY at the office of the Director of Immigration Services –Nairobi.The standard fee for Multiple Journey Visa is USD 100 for all nationalities.
Courtesy (Transit /Ordinary) Visa may be issued gratis in accordance with the Provisions of categories 1, 2 and 3 of the Visa Regulations, where the applicant is not entitled to a Diplomatic Visa, but where it is considered by the issuing officer to be desirable on grounds of international courtesy.
Tourist intending to visit simultaneously the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda and the Republic of Uganda are eligible to the above Visa which for tourist purposes only ( no work is permitted) and cannot be extended.
Visa Type: Multiple Entries
Validity: Multiple Entries
Application Forms: Multiple Entries
Visa Fees: Multiple Entries
Requirements for application are:
- A valid national passport (minimum six (6) months and at least two (2) blank pages).
- Two sets of duly filled up application forms. Click to download.
- Two clear coloured passport size photos with blue background taken within the last three months, taken without glasses, caps, scarf.
- Flight itinerary and Hotel bookings/details about places to visit if going as tourist.
a) Nationals (Passport holders) of the following countries do not require visas to enter Kenya:
b) The Following Persons do not require a Visa to Enter Kenya:
- All persons whose passports are endorsed with valid Kenya re-entry passes or any other written authority in lieu of a re-entry pass.
- All passengers arriving and leaving by the same ship, and who do not leave the ship.
- All passengers in transit through Kenya arriving and leaving by the same aircraft or transferring to another aircraft and who do not leave the international transit lounges at the International Airports in Kenya.
- Holders of United Nations Organization Laissez-Passers whilst on official UN Business.
- Holders of African Union Laissez-Passers whilst on official A.U. business.
- Holders of African Development Bank Laissez-Passers, whilst on official A.D.B. business
- Holders of Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa Laissez-Passers, whilst on official ABEDA business.
- Holders of International Red Locust Control Organization for Central and Southern Africa Laissez-Passers, whilst on official I.R.L.C.O. business.
- Holders of Desert Locust Control Organization Laissez-Passers, whilst on official D.L.C.O. business.
- Holders of COMESA Laissez-Passers, whilst on official COMESA business. xi. Holders of International Monetary Fund and World Bank Laissez – Passers whilst on official IMF/World Bank Business.
- Holders of Inter-Governmental Authority on Development (IGAD) Laissez- Passers whilst on official IGAD business.
- Holders of African Airlines Travel Association (IATA) Laissez- Passers whilst on official business.
- Holders of Environment Liaison Centre International (ELCI) Laissez-Passers whilst on official ELCI business.
- Holders of Union of Radio, Television Network of Africa (URTNA) Laissez- Passers whilst on official URTNA business.
- Holders of International Labor Organization (ILO) Laissez – Passers whilst on official ILO business.
- Holders of Preferential Trade Area/Common Market of East & Southern African Bank Laissez – Passers whilst on official PTA/COMESA business.
- Holders of European Union Laissez – Passers whilst on official European Union business.
- Holders of CIP (International Potato Centre) Laissez – Passers whilst on official CIP business.
- Holders of African Reinsurance Corporation (ARC) Laissez – Passers whilst on official ARC business.
- Holders of Diplomatic and Service Passports from The Islamic Republic of Iran for a period not exceeding (30) Days stay.
- Holders of Diplomatic, Official, Special, and Service Passports, from The Republic of Turkey and members of their families holding valid Diplomatic, Official, Special, and Service Passports, while on Transit or Stay not exceeding ninety (90) days.
- Holders of Diplomatic, Official or Service Passports from the Federal Republic of Brazil for a period not exceeding ninety (90) days.
- Serving Members of the British Military (are exempted from visa formalities).
- The manifested crew of ships and aircraft passing through or stopping in Kenya for periods not exceeding seven (7) days in the case of air crew and fourteen (14) days for ship’s crew.
- Owners of private aircraft stopping over for refueling in Kenya and who do not leave the precincts of the airport.
c ) The following countries have concluded visa abolition agreement with Kenya:
- San Marino
Nationals of the following countries require a visa to enter Kenya
|Angola||Antigua and Bermuda||Argentina|
|Cape Verde||Central African Republic||Chad|
|Chile (Nationalist)||China (China P.R.)||Columbia|
|Comoros||Congo (Brazzaville)||Costa Rica|
|Cote de voire||Croatia||Cuba|
|Dominican Republic||DRC||East Timor|
|Honduras||Hong Kong (Holders of Hong Kong special administrative region)||Hungary|
|Morocco||Mozambique||Myanmar (Formerly Burma)|
|Palau Pacific Isles||Panama||Paraguay|
|Sao Tome and Principe||Saudi Arabia||Serbia|
|Spain||Sri Lanka||St. Christopher Cape|
These Nationals of countries below, classes and categories of persons require Referred Visas. The VISA applications are referred to the Director of Immigration services for processing and approval.
|Cameroon||Democratic People’s Republic of Korea||Eritrea|
- Applicants whom there is some local objections or doubt in the country where the application is made.
- tateless persons or persons not holding valid passports or other travel documents issued by their own country of nationality including recognized refugee holders of the United Nations Refugee Travel Documents.
- Prohibited immigrants as enumerated in the Visa regulations.